- Please click here to view video description
- Comfy socks featuring a custom Depressed Monsters™ print...
Depression can be a beast. It can make you forget that there is a life worth living the next day while you are going through what you are. Many people suffer in silence when it comes to depression and somehow allow for the undesirable thoughts to over-power them. Even the strongest person can be depressed at times. It is like a disease, which often needs counseling of some sort -whether from church, psychiatrist or counselor. It needs to be tended to just as someone who suffers from alcoholism.
Below are some suggestions to at least get your mind off of the depression which may be trying to set in. You must overpower the urge before it gets to a point where it cannot be controlled.
1. Take a nice walk in the park. Do not just pick any park, a park with a breath-taking scenery. The walk and the fresh air will do your body wonders.
2. Meet up with some old friends. We would suggest one of your ‘old’ friends who would often make you laugh and brings out the best in you. After all, you are trying to keep your mind in a positive state.
3. Work a puzzle or play a game with your significant other or your children. This family time may be just what the doctor has ordered.
4. Gardening can be a great way to take your mind off of things. Not only are you outside, but you also have something to look forward to as you watch your plants or flowers grow.
5. Take up photography; it will force you to interact with people, and see that life is worth living through the photo lenses.
6. Take a trip to the aquarium. There is nothing like seeing beautiful tropical fish to make your day.
7. Visit an animal shelter and adopt a pet (that is if you are not allergic to them). Pets bring happiness to even the grumpiest of people 🙂
8. Become child-like for a change! Kids are often care-free. Grab you some Crayola Crayons and a coloring book, and just go to town with the coloring. Hey, grab a bowl of Fruit Loops, too, if it will make you happy.
9. Exercise! Take a friend with you to the local Y or Planet Fitness and work out all of the anxiety which may be bombarding your life.
10. Yoga – become one with the universe, it always helps!
11. Volunteer and help someone who is less fortunate than you are. Sometimes all we need to do is see that our life is not as bad as we think it is.
12. OK, so this may not be everyone’s favorite thing to do, but on a nice day, it may be fun. Take your car to a booth and wash it manually, while cleaning it out and adding the new air freshener – this is sure to get you in a happy mood once the car is completely clean.
13. Listen to some tunes you have not listened to in a while. Crank up the radio and just sing and dance as if no one is watching. By the way, who cares if someone is. Maybe they can join you.
- Description:Pattern: Depressed ManItem Size: About 4*3*2.5cm
- Box Size: About 6*4.5*4cm
14. If writing is your passion, go pick up one of those fancy $5 notebooks from Ross, Home Goods or Five Below, alongside a great pen, and start writing away. Before you know it, you may have your first novel or play.
15. If you used to knit in your ‘hay day,’ then start knitting again. Make some great mittens and scarfs for those who may not be able to afford them.
Most importantly, spend time eating (healthy, that is!), praying and loving! It does get better in the morning. Life will go on no matter what, so why not be here the next day to see what it brings. Live life and give it all you have got! Life is short, so NEVER miss a day.
[**PIN THIS IMAGE**]