Warning: preg_match_all(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 15 in /home/customer/www/healthfitnessjoy.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/mts-url-shortener-pro/public/class-url-shortener-public.php on line 501
Diabetes is more prevalent than ever, and 95% of cases diagnosed are type 2 diabetes.
Although for some the development of diabetes is inevitable, perhaps due to hereditary and other factors, for the clear majority it can be prevented by taking these seven simple steps…
Before diabetes type 2 becomes fully developed you go through a stage known as pre-diabetes. This is where you start to show some of the symptoms, which if ignored, can lead to full-blown diabetes. You may want to see this first to help you through the process.
Make these 7-action points part of your daily routine, and you could stop this disease happening to you:
1) If you are overweight, you risk developing diabetes. Reduce the amount of food on your plate, so you gradually eat less and start to lose weight. Drink a glass of plain water or a sugar-free drink before your meal to take the edge off any hunger pains.
2) Reduce the amount of fat you are eating; grill or bake foods instead of frying; use low-fat spreads and reduced fat meals.
3) Check the Glycemic Index of the food you are eating – knowing what each food contains helps maintain your blood-sugars, which in turn can prevent the full onset of diabetes.
4) Drink at least eight glasses of water every day. If you keep a bottle of water with you and sip frequently, you’ll be surprised how much you do drink throughout the day.
5) If you are feeling faint choose a healthy snack rather than a chocolate bar.
6) Use skimmed rather than full-fat milk in hot drinks.
7) Exercise is good for health. But if you are not used to exercising, then start in moderation. 15 minutes gentle walking each day will ease you into a regular exercising pattern.
All these action points are also the ones that people with diabetes are advised to take – if you take them now you might prevent irreparable damage to your health. If you feel that you have diabetes at this moment, make sure to consult your physician. Also, check this helpful information out about diabetes.
[**PIN THIS IMAGE**]